girl power...
Current iTunes:
Red Hot Chili Peppers' By the Way Album
Today is the reason why Fall is my favorite season. The sun was out, the leaves were red and orange and the weather was cold but not too chilly. God is indeed a god of details!
I'm in the middle of one of the busiest times of my undergraduate career and with midterms, papers and seminar presentations due in the next month, i've really neglected my health in terms of cooking nutritious meals. This is one thing i missed about living at home because no matter how busy you are or how late you come home from class, there's always something good to eat waiting on the kitchen table at home. And being Chinese, there's always some kind of soup to go with the meal as well. I really miss that. I've been eating way too much processed food and just eating out in general.
And because i'm not busy enough, i'm officially on the committee for Africa Awareness Week 2005. This year, we're hoping to have Nobel Peace Prize laureate Wangari Maathia as our keynote speaker! How awesome is that!! Keep your fingers crossed guys!! I have so much respect for her because her work with the Greenbelt Movement focuses on empowering women to initiate changes in rural developmemt, environmental protection and sustainibility. She works from the bottom up and pays special attention to people who are often neglected or ignored through the political and social process...in particular, WOMEN. This is what i call the ultimate girl power!
For those who are interested in sustainability...here is a website that measures your ecological footprint. A person's "footprint" is the total area in global hectares (1 hectare of average biological productivity) required to sustain his/her lifestyle. Basically, it tells you how much a person uses (in terms of nature, resources etc.)in order to maintain his/her lifestyle which includes things like food, water, clothing, shelter, transportation and consumer goods and services.
The average in 1999 is 2.3 global hectares/person
Africa...1.36
China...1.54
UK...5.35
US...9.7
What's yours? I'm ashamed to tell you mine. At least mine is smaller than the US average. But that's no reason to celebrate or pat myself on the back. It's like comparing IQs with an orange. And we all know how smart oranges are.
p.s. Is there someone on campus (who you don't know) that you bump into ALL THE TIME? There's this one guy that i always bump into and i think he's been noticing as well b/c it's sort of getting awkward when we pass by each other now. I think he thinks I'm secretly stalking him. I'M NOT. And NO, i'm not interested in him either.
Red Hot Chili Peppers' By the Way Album
Today is the reason why Fall is my favorite season. The sun was out, the leaves were red and orange and the weather was cold but not too chilly. God is indeed a god of details!
I'm in the middle of one of the busiest times of my undergraduate career and with midterms, papers and seminar presentations due in the next month, i've really neglected my health in terms of cooking nutritious meals. This is one thing i missed about living at home because no matter how busy you are or how late you come home from class, there's always something good to eat waiting on the kitchen table at home. And being Chinese, there's always some kind of soup to go with the meal as well. I really miss that. I've been eating way too much processed food and just eating out in general.
And because i'm not busy enough, i'm officially on the committee for Africa Awareness Week 2005. This year, we're hoping to have Nobel Peace Prize laureate Wangari Maathia as our keynote speaker! How awesome is that!! Keep your fingers crossed guys!! I have so much respect for her because her work with the Greenbelt Movement focuses on empowering women to initiate changes in rural developmemt, environmental protection and sustainibility. She works from the bottom up and pays special attention to people who are often neglected or ignored through the political and social process...in particular, WOMEN. This is what i call the ultimate girl power!
For those who are interested in sustainability...here is a website that measures your ecological footprint. A person's "footprint" is the total area in global hectares (1 hectare of average biological productivity) required to sustain his/her lifestyle. Basically, it tells you how much a person uses (in terms of nature, resources etc.)in order to maintain his/her lifestyle which includes things like food, water, clothing, shelter, transportation and consumer goods and services.
The average in 1999 is 2.3 global hectares/person
Africa...1.36
China...1.54
UK...5.35
US...9.7
What's yours? I'm ashamed to tell you mine. At least mine is smaller than the US average. But that's no reason to celebrate or pat myself on the back. It's like comparing IQs with an orange. And we all know how smart oranges are.
p.s. Is there someone on campus (who you don't know) that you bump into ALL THE TIME? There's this one guy that i always bump into and i think he's been noticing as well b/c it's sort of getting awkward when we pass by each other now. I think he thinks I'm secretly stalking him. I'M NOT. And NO, i'm not interested in him either.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home