Saturday, March 13, 2004

the long road ahead...

Current weather: 10 degrees; sunny w/ a few clouds
Current mood: tired and sleepy
Current music: Jet- Look what you've done to me

I am loving the new Jet CD. I've been listening to it almost everyday and it just keeps getting better and better. One of my favorite songs on the album is "Look what you've done." It totally reminds me of a mix between an old Beatle's song and Travis (and that combination is always good). They are coming to Vancouver in March (right after the Strokes concert) and if I have any energy, time or money left, I'm gonna go and check them out at the Commodore. My taste in music has definately changed over the past couple of years. I find I'm more into the mellow, lyrical, folk-rock, indie stuff and less into the mainstream hip-hop-pop sound. I dunno what accounted for this change but I am liking it. But every once in a while, I still like blasting JT, Outkast, Jay-Z (and gasp...even Britney) to change it up a bit. Diversity is always a good thing.

I finally finished my Burma presentation on Thursday. Our group did a pretty good job and I am so glad that it's done and over with. Now I can fully concentrate on the three papers I have due in the next two weeks. First up to bat is my Country Risk Analysis paper. I have exactly one week to work on it and this the the one I'm most worried about. It's worth 50% of my mark and it requires a totally different writing and researching style. The idea is to identify and assess a country's (in my case, Sudan's) social, demographical, environmental, political and economic risks and then make a forecast of the country's stability based on these indicators. I really want to do a good job on this paper because this is the kind of stuff I want to get into in terms of a career. My "niche" is in international development and hopefully I'll be able to make a living out of that in the near future. Hear that CIDA? :)

The next couple of weeks is going to be pretty rough. I will need all the time and energy I can get to get these papers done on time. Phil 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Amen to that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home