Tuesday, March 02, 2004

what's your beef?...

Current weather: sunny, 8 degrees
Current mood: unmotivated
Current music: Travis- Quicksand

I'm looking at my calendar right now and I am so over-whelmed by the amount of work I have to do in the next two weeks. Every third month of each semester I go through the same ordeal. Ahh...where's another T.A strike when I need one?

Anyway, on a completely different note. As some of you might know, I've been trying to "ween off" meat for a while now and I think I've been prety good considering all the temptations. I've successful cut off red meat and now I'm trying to do the same with chicken (and chicken is proving to be a lot harder than red meat). I'll eat meat if it is put in front of me but I don't think I'll ever buy it or cook it. To me, it's not so much a taste or health issue but more about sustainability. Can you imagine how much grain they are wasting just to feed cows so people can eat steaks and prime ribs? Why feed them to cows when there're so many people going hungary? And why use arable farmlands so cows can graze on them? I'm not here to preach about sustainability or anything. I'm also not looking for the moral high ground here and I'm definately not looking for compliments or applauses. Meat is not evil. Cows are not evil. People who eat meat are also not evil. This is simply a personal decision.

p.s. hmm...with all this "evil" talk...i feel like Geroge W. Bush (that's definately one sentence I don't get to say very often...thank goodness)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home