Wednesday, February 25, 2004

changes...

Current mood: sleepy
Current music: Kylie Minogue-Red blooded woman

I had my history midterm this morning and as expected, it was not hard at all. I'm just glad I didn't waste my whole Reading Break preparing for it. I had to identify 8 of 10 terms and I think I covered everything pretty well except for one...the Tsunyi Conference. I made something up saying it was a meeting place of leaders during the war to discuss the issue of an allied victory. Hahaha...I totally pulled it out of my butt and when I checked my notes later, I found out my answer wasn't even close. Oh well...I still think I did a good job on the midterm despite the little error. I'm aiming for an A in that class and so far I'm doing pretty well. I've talked to the Prof many times during his office hours and I think he thinks I'm a hard-working student...hehe...(a keaner if you will). He was impressed by my last essay and midterm mark so I'm hoping to secure an A in that class before my final paper. Oh yeah...I've decided to do a paper instead of writing a final which would be a plus for me. Okay...I must not get too big-headed.

Victor came by tonite and cooked Anne and I a wonderful curry dinner (mmm...Glico curry). The rice I made was a little soggy but none the less, it was a good meal. I just don't know how to cook rice in a pot. I'm so used to cooking it in the rice cooker.

During dinner, we've got onto the topic of friendships and how important it is for us to retain the relationships we've made the past 4 years now that some of us are graduating in May and moving onto other things. A hugh part of me is sad to see this stage of my life coming to an end (well...not really ending but changing). I'm afraid the dynamics might change and the relationships will be different. I don't want it to change! I'm the type that hates changes of any kind. I like familiarity.

I love my friends. And I'm not talking about acquaintances or going-out-friends. I'm talking about those who have seen me at the best of times and at the worst of times and have been there for me the whole way through. I can count all of them with my two hands. I know exactly where they are at this very moment and what they are doing. They have humored me in my flaky moments, comforted me when I was sad, guided me when I was lost, encouraged me when I was feeling insecure, made me laugh when I was down, cried with me when I needed to feel I wasn't alone, and I can go on. That's how awesome they have been to me. Now you see why I don't want this dynamic to change. But change is a constant and I must deal with it. But do I have to deal with it now? I believe God placed these people in my life for a reason and I am definately a better person because of what they have been to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home