Friday, September 17, 2004

solid kit kat...what the??

I had a kit kat today that was pure milk chocolate. No wafers, no nothing. Just pure chocolate goodness. Isn't that weird? I must get some kind of prize for this. I'm gonna keep the wrapper just in case.

My stomach isn't feeling so good now.

*** later

Yes. I am still w/o internet connection. I thought i had everthing i needed to hook up to the world wide web when I noticed (just yesterday) that i'm missing a modem. Yes. The most essential part of this whole dramatic process. Hopefully, Kristen and I will be able to get one sometime this week and be hooked up by this weekend. I really hate computers tho. I'm so used to having guys around to do these kinda things for me. Where are the boys when you need them? I guess we all have to learn sometime. Did i mention i really hate computers?

It's the second week of class and so far I'm adjusting to life at UBC pretty well. This year is definately different considering a) a lot of my friends have already graduated and b) i'm living off campus and c) i'm spending more time on campus than ever before (FYI: lunch at the sub sux!). The feeling is defiantely different but at the same time, i welcome this kind of change because it takes me out of my comfort zone and challenges me in ways i've never seen before. If you know me already, you know that i'm a person that hates changes but i think God is giving me a real challenge this year considering i'll be making a lot of life changing decisions in the next eight months. I'm learning to say a lot less and listen a lot more to what God has to say. I'm all ears.

And speaking of school, i'm really enjoying my courses this semester...especially my two poli sci courses. I'm definately recommanding Environmental Politics (ie: globalization and sustainable development) with Peter Dauvergne and International Violence and Security (ie: nuclear weapons) with Mike Wallace. My two asian study courses, on the other hand, are not as interesting...but...i'm trying to get the best out of it. Actually, it's really just this one asian study course on Pre-Modern Japan that i'm struggling to stay awake in. My other course, Religion, State and Society of Modern India with Harjot Oberoi is great.

So you win some and you lose some. That's the way it's gonna be.

p.s. Joel Bakan (author of "The Corporation") is speaking at UBC this Sat. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home