no swoosh please...
Converse = Nike...what the??
Adbusters postcard
Someone at work today told me that Nike bought out Converse when it filed for bankruptcy in 2001. Damn you Phil Knight. Is there no way to escape your empire? For many years, I have refused to support Nike and their sweatshop labor and have fallen in love with my Converse sneaks. Why didn't I know this before? I've been dooped. Sadly enough, I did not buy my Converse early enough. This proves I have much to learn. Be patient with me. I'm still trying.
For those that are interested, here is a campaign Adbusters is running to challenge Phil at his own game called blackspot sneakers.
***
I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 last week. True to his style, Micheal Moore delivered a thought provoking film that left the audience with more questions than answers. Altho I can't say I agree with everything Michael Moore said in the film, I am a strong supporter of the alternative media. We need more alternative outlets in this world to balance out the Fox or CNN in order to gain a more rounded perspective and come to the right conclusions. Someone's anti-American propaganda is another's must-see documentary right?
Letterman's Top Ten List: Top Ten George W. Bush Complaints About "Fahrenheit 9/11":
10. That actor who played the President was totally unconvincing
9. It oversimplified the way I stole the election
8. Too many of them fancy college-boy words
7. If Michael Moore had waited a few months, he could have included the part where I get him deported
6. Didn't have one of them hilarious monkeys who smoke cigarettes and gives people the finger
5. Of all Michael Moore's accusations, only 97% are true
4. Not sure - - I passed out after a piece of popcorn lodged in my windpipe
3. Where the hell was Spider-man?
2. Couldn't hear most of the movie over Cheney's foul mouth
1. I thought this was supposed to be about dodgeball
***
On a side-note: I passed EOSC!! Alright! :)
Adbusters postcard
Someone at work today told me that Nike bought out Converse when it filed for bankruptcy in 2001. Damn you Phil Knight. Is there no way to escape your empire? For many years, I have refused to support Nike and their sweatshop labor and have fallen in love with my Converse sneaks. Why didn't I know this before? I've been dooped. Sadly enough, I did not buy my Converse early enough. This proves I have much to learn. Be patient with me. I'm still trying.
For those that are interested, here is a campaign Adbusters is running to challenge Phil at his own game called blackspot sneakers.
***
I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 last week. True to his style, Micheal Moore delivered a thought provoking film that left the audience with more questions than answers. Altho I can't say I agree with everything Michael Moore said in the film, I am a strong supporter of the alternative media. We need more alternative outlets in this world to balance out the Fox or CNN in order to gain a more rounded perspective and come to the right conclusions. Someone's anti-American propaganda is another's must-see documentary right?
Letterman's Top Ten List: Top Ten George W. Bush Complaints About "Fahrenheit 9/11":
10. That actor who played the President was totally unconvincing
9. It oversimplified the way I stole the election
8. Too many of them fancy college-boy words
7. If Michael Moore had waited a few months, he could have included the part where I get him deported
6. Didn't have one of them hilarious monkeys who smoke cigarettes and gives people the finger
5. Of all Michael Moore's accusations, only 97% are true
4. Not sure - - I passed out after a piece of popcorn lodged in my windpipe
3. Where the hell was Spider-man?
2. Couldn't hear most of the movie over Cheney's foul mouth
1. I thought this was supposed to be about dodgeball
***
On a side-note: I passed EOSC!! Alright! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home