Full of BBQ goodness...
Cheryn and I just prepared a pre-Mother's Day BBQ for my mum, aunt and grandma today. We got up extra early this morning (ahem...10:00am) to shop for food and drinks and then spend another couple of hours preparing the stuff we bought. I made a special salad, salmon and crabcakes (ala Alexis) while Cheryn prepared the grill with tasty chicken wings, short ribs, steaks and wieners. (I stayed away from the red meat) You gotta love HK style BBQs tho. I totally miss the BBQs we use to have on the roof top above our flat in HK. BBqs just isn't the same with out your own sticks and a pit.
I got a call from Bodwell today and they offered me the position as summer camp counselor in July. Yah! It's basically a summer ESL camp where kids of different nationalities come and stay at UBC (or UVic or U of C) for 3-4 weeks to learn English. My job as camp counselor is to hang out with them during their free times and escot them on field trips and stuff. I also have to stay with them at UBC and be the "mother-hen." I am so excited because this is the first job I found and got all on my own with no parental connections. Just me, myself and I. Independent women...throw your hands up at me! Heheheh.
I got a call from Bodwell today and they offered me the position as summer camp counselor in July. Yah! It's basically a summer ESL camp where kids of different nationalities come and stay at UBC (or UVic or U of C) for 3-4 weeks to learn English. My job as camp counselor is to hang out with them during their free times and escot them on field trips and stuff. I also have to stay with them at UBC and be the "mother-hen." I am so excited because this is the first job I found and got all on my own with no parental connections. Just me, myself and I. Independent women...throw your hands up at me! Heheheh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home