Monday, April 26, 2004

hmm...pineapple shoju...

Current mood: sleepy and my legs hurt
Current music: Sarah Harmer

Recap of my weekend...

Saturday:

Anne and I went off to Main on Saturday and spend literally 10 hours shopping for an outfit to wear to POV. It was such a breath of fresh air to get off campus for once because I've been stuck in my room writing papers and studying for finals for way too long.

I love shopping on Main. The atmosphere there is so laid back and I love the fact that each store has its own distinct style. I bought an awesome top and earrings from Twigg&Hottie that I'm gonna wear to Anne's Film Festival on Saturday. Yah...I can't wait!! I get to see Anne's film on the big screen. :)

After Main, Anne and I went off to Robson for more shopping cause Anne still needed something to wear for Sat. I must say, I don't really like Robson because it's so pretentious there. You always get these guys showing off their cars and sound systems along Robson St. and girls dressing like...well...you know the ones I'm talking about. And all the stores sell practically the same stuff but in different colors. There's no originality and no personal style. Everybody is buying into the whole commericialized, mass-produced, cookie-cutter style craze. And please, do not get me started on the Gap b/c you guys know how much I dispise the Gap & Co. One thing I do like about the Robson area is TVV. I love their altered stuff and I always find something fun and original in there. (however, i must admit...that store is becoming a popular trend as well..).

After Robson, Anne and I met Victor at the Gyoza King, one of my favorite Izakayas in Vancouver. The food was definately worth the 45 min wait. What a great way to end off the evenining. Good food, drinks and company!

Sunday:

Had dinner at Peppers with Anne, Victor and Alexis tonight. The Korean food there was sooo good. Victor's friend is a manager there so we got a bottle of pineapple shoju on the house. I've never tasted anything so yummy...mmm...

*** later

Man, I seem to talk about food A LOT. Maybe I should start a food column or something. Actually...Anne and I already had an idea about a food column earlier (we were going to review "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants with awesome food) but someone from the Vancouver Sun stole it!! Well...we're not really sure if they stole it or not but we did see an article in the Vancouver Sun last month about it. Hehe...may be I should start one on my blog. So if you guys ever need any ideas on dinning in Vancouver. Lemme know. I think I can help! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home