Saturday, April 24, 2004

quarter-life crisis...?

Current weather: 14 degrees, partly cloudy
Current mood: introspective
Current music: Fast Car-David Usher version

You know you're in a quater-life crisis when...

...you obsess about buying a 20GB iPod and all the extra accessories that come with it. (Do the words Porsche and mid-life crisis ring a bell?)

I don't know what's wrong with me lately but I've been thinking about the future A LOT and it's so weird because I still have one more year left at UBC...so...why am I thinking about these things now? The quater-life crisis thing isn't suppose to hit me until next year...right?

A lot of things are changing right now and I guess that's the main reason why I've been thinking about my plans for the future (e.g. Do i pursue grad school?, travel?, teach English for a year? work? etc. etc. etc.). And if I complete all these things...then what? I think I need some direction. I need a passion for something and to find my own niche I think. And do you want to know what's really weird? I use to reject the idea of going back to HK to work because I don't think I'm very suitable for the HK lifestyle but lately, I've been thinking about going back for a year if things don't work out for me in Vancouver. (?? Where did that come from??)

One thing I know for sure is that I am definately insecure about my abilities to accomplish all the plans I have made for myself. I had a long chat with Annabelle and Al about this earlier and they definately made me feel better about the uncertainties in my life. I love friends. I love MY friends. What would I do w/o them? I know. I'll probably be out somewhere buying my 20GB iPod right now.

Remember. PROV 3:4-6


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home