cyclical carousel...
[Wo]man on the Side- John Mayer
six numbers, one more to dial
before I'm before you
I tried to call
been busy all night
gave up waiting at daylight
excuse me [Mr.] Busybody
could you pencil me in when you can
though we both know that the worst part about it
is I would be free when you wanted me
if you wanted me
I am the [wo]man on the side
hoping you'll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow [her] pride
life as the [wo]man on the side
one of the many
one of the few
to stand back and wait for you
excuse me [Mr.] Busybody
could you pencil me in when you can
though we both know that the worst part about it
is I would be free when you wanted me
if you wanted me, if you wanted me
I am the [wo]man on the side
hoping you'll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow [her] pride
Life as the [wo]man on the side
Life as the [wo]man on the side
I fell in love with the dream that I built of you
playing the part of the [prince]
taking my own advice
I'm giving up tonight
good luck to you and the [princess]
excuse me [Mr.] Busybody
could you pencil me in
though we both know that the worst part about it
is I would be free when you wanted me
if you wanted me, if you wanted me
I am the [wo]man on the side
hoping you'll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow [her] pride
life as the [wo]man
you know life as the [wo]man
living life as the [wo]man on the side
Why do I always fall for the wrong type of guys? Am I only attracted to the ones who I know will hurt me in the end and be content with being the woman on the side for them? I feel like I'm on this never-ending carousel ride. Can someone prove me wrong? I'll wait.
six numbers, one more to dial
before I'm before you
I tried to call
been busy all night
gave up waiting at daylight
excuse me [Mr.] Busybody
could you pencil me in when you can
though we both know that the worst part about it
is I would be free when you wanted me
if you wanted me
I am the [wo]man on the side
hoping you'll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow [her] pride
life as the [wo]man on the side
one of the many
one of the few
to stand back and wait for you
excuse me [Mr.] Busybody
could you pencil me in when you can
though we both know that the worst part about it
is I would be free when you wanted me
if you wanted me, if you wanted me
I am the [wo]man on the side
hoping you'll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow [her] pride
Life as the [wo]man on the side
Life as the [wo]man on the side
I fell in love with the dream that I built of you
playing the part of the [prince]
taking my own advice
I'm giving up tonight
good luck to you and the [princess]
excuse me [Mr.] Busybody
could you pencil me in
though we both know that the worst part about it
is I would be free when you wanted me
if you wanted me, if you wanted me
I am the [wo]man on the side
hoping you'll make up your mind
I am the one who will swallow [her] pride
life as the [wo]man
you know life as the [wo]man
living life as the [wo]man on the side
Why do I always fall for the wrong type of guys? Am I only attracted to the ones who I know will hurt me in the end and be content with being the woman on the side for them? I feel like I'm on this never-ending carousel ride. Can someone prove me wrong? I'll wait.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home