Sunday, March 28, 2004

the eye of the storm...

Current weather: 12 degrees; sunny, partly cloudy
Current mood: relaxed but not too mellow
Current music: Jack Johnson- Brushfire Fairytales Album

What an intense week! I finally finished two HUGE term papers and now I'm in my "eye of the storm" period. Ahh...how I love my bed right now. Okay, so here is a recap of what happened this week. Sorry if it doesn't make any sense b/c my brain is not ready to make comprehensible sentences yet.

MONDAY:
Sarah is here!! After a 7 hr delay, Sarah Fuller is finally here!!

TUE-THUR:
Paper writing

FRIDAY:
Last nite I had hot pot with my parents and chilled with my girls at Nevermind until around 12:00am.How I missed not doing anything and just hanging out with my friends over good drinks, good eats and good conversations. I'm so going to take advantage of this week and soak it all up like a spunge.

After Nevermind, we went back to my place and watched "21 Grams." The title of the movie refers to the weight a person loses when they die. Is that the weight of your soul? The weight of 5 nickels? Quite an interesting movie. I also watched "Devil's Playground" with Sarah yesterday. It's a documentary about the Amish rite of passage called Runspringa , a time when Amish kids are allowed to experience the "English world" before they make their decision to either join or leave the Amish church. It's kinda like a testament of their faith where they subjugate themselves most intentionally to temptation to find out their strength of character on the "other side." It's a very interesting film for those who like documentaries (like me!).

Saturday:
I slept in until 10:30am this morning. It was probably the longest sleep I've had in a very long time. The early part of my week was dominated by papers, papers and more papers. I literally locked myself up in a room with Anne's laptop and just wrote like mad. I still have two more to write but these are not as big and time consuming.

I'm just sitting in my room right now trying to decide whether or not to start my Chinese politics paper that's due on Fri. Anne, Sarah and Anna went out to Whalley (yes...i said Whalley) this morning to look at some vintage stuff. I'm waiting for them to get back so we can go out to Budapest and watch the Laugh Riot Girls tonite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home