Sunday, December 11, 2005

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I can pin point the exact moment where i felt like Christmas was in the air. It was just before the Alumni Christmas dinner last Wednesday when Val and i were playing a Diana Krall's Christmas Song CD in the office. Isn't it amazng how certain sounds and smells can trigger the most detailed moments and experiences in your life?

I haven't spent Christmas in Hong Kong since I left this great city in 1990. That's almost 15 years ago!! I've forgotten how beautiful HK gets around this time of year. There's Christmas lights everywhere (albeit a bit commercialized) from outside of shopping malls to sky scrapers dotted across the entire Victoria Harbour. There's even Christmas music playing at MTR stations!! I'm gonna take some pics later and post it on my blog. You've really got to see it to believe it.

Things have been pretty slow at the office since my boss left for Toronto on Tuesday. I still can't get over the news of her son so thanx for all the good wishes everyone!

Hong Kong is gearing up for the WTO conference on Tuesday and people here are taking it pretty seriously. 60% of schools in Hong Kong are cancelled for the week in order to ease up traffic congestions and to avoid potential riots while some businesses near the conference (especially American ones like Citibank) will be closed for the week as well. Activists have already began their protests agaist the WTO today and 10,000 more are expected to



protest on the opening day on Tuesday. Will it be as bad as Seattle? Probably not, but it will definitely be interesting to see how it unfolds in the next week.



And now, for your viewing pleasure, I present...
brought to you by ME! (in an attempt to be more *cough* creative and *ahem* techno savy) Yeah, I'll see how long I can keep this up too.


The kids' Christmas pageant at my church! Sooo cute!


Smoked salmon eggs benedict at the Flying Pan (a 24/7 breakfast place in SoHo...my new favorite place in HK). It's no Sophies but it's pretty darn close!


Viv and i enjoying our food before the diner went completly dark due to a blown fuse. It was quite romantic...just viv and i, sipping our coffee over candlelite.


my buddies Vanessa, Anita and Bonnie after 180...and who said Americans weren't nice? i'm gonna miss these guys when they leave hk.


Hipsters partying it up at Jewel


Here's my attempt to decorate the office on a $200 HKD budget. Festive no?


The MASSIVE LV store conveniently located across my office building. See all the photographers on those metal stands? It was the nite of the store's official launch party.


UBC Alumni Christmas dinner at the China Tee Club. The only picture i took the whole evenin cuz the batteries died.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home