Friday, January 06, 2006

2005 that was...

i think it's time we rekindle this blogger flame no?

first off...HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR everyone!! i actually had a really insightful update but blogger froze on me before i had the chance to save it. booo.

but none the less, here are some pics i salvaged from my last post. they are of my last couple of months in HK prior to the New Years.

the 2005 that was...

i
graduated. i moved. saying good bye to old friends and familiar surroundings.

new friends. new
church. new job. new beginnings

i can't wait to see what God has in store for me in 2006!



Some of my favorite places in HK:

The Lippo Centre in Central. It's suppose to resemble koalas climbing on a tree...


The Hong Kong Parliament Building


The little shop near SoHo that sells THE BEST $6 tofu fa in the world!


The Victoria Harbor from TST. Isn't HK beautiful?

WTO in HK:

The WTO protest in Hong Kong


This was me in Wanchai on a Sunday afternoon. Look how empty the streets were! Viv and I were at the HKAPA for Rent when we were told that the show was cancelled due to the WTO protests.


I've been really blessed to have found such an amazing church and family in HK. It has definitely made a world's difference in my life and it sure makes starting out in HK a lot easier. I'm also thankful for old friends in HK who are constant reminders of the beautiful city I grew up in.

180 Christmas Party
Theme: Tropical

w/ Derek, the mighty 180 leader + things you do with newspapers and balloons


w/ joy, schler and bonnie


Canadians represent


Dinner in TST with my favorite Americans!


Pre-Christmas Stroll in Time Square:

w/ viv, angel and wing


is this thing stable? yes...


yes, more cheese...


Christmas Eve Countdown in Time Square:

After dinner, we all bought bevvies from 7/11 to toast our first Christmas Eve count down, well...ever. Angel worked her magic with the swiss army knife, trying to get all the bottles opened just-in-time (haha, i'm punny) for the count down.

get it? just-in-time......justin...


The crowd at Time Square before we were greeted by up and coming HK popstar Justin. I can describe the atmosphere in one word. Anti-climatic.


The bevvies helped a bit...


New Year's Eve:
Theme: 80s rock baby!

80s clothes are oh so flattering no? I know what some of you are thinking, "But Cherie, don't you still wear (and buy) some of the clothes i see in the pics?"

Yes, and i have no shame in that.

I AM a product of the 80s. Rock on!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home