Wednesday, February 09, 2005

the year of the rooster...

Happy Chinese New Year!

新年快樂!
Gong Hei Fat Choy!

My family and I celebrated Chinese New Year at Kirins on Monday because both Cheryn and I had midterms to study for during the new year. I absolutely LOVE Chinese New Year. When I was growing up in HK, my fondest memory as a child was of CNY. My whole extended family would come to my grandma's house on the first day and there would be lion dances, fire crackers, lots of red pockets and heaps of good food that my grandma and my aunts have prepared the three days before. I miss the atmosphere and the general energy of CNY in HK. The last time I was in HK for CNY was more than 15 years ago! I'm hoping I can be in Hk or Beijing next year to celebrate it. How awesome will that be?


my popo and gong gong


the wong clan celebrating the year of the rooster


my lovely grams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home